Judging from my visitor stats, it looks like many Hunger Games Archery fans are planning to dress up as their favorite Tributes and chaperones this Halloween. That’s very exciting! So far the most popular search is for ideas on how to dress up as Effie Trinket, followed slightly by Katniss with Prim trailing not too far behind.
What Hunger Games Character Will You Be This Halloween?
- Katniss (47%, 86 Votes)
- Effie (16%, 29 Votes)
- Haymitch (10%, 19 Votes)
- Capitol Citizen (7%, 13 Votes)
- Peeta (5%, 10 Votes)
- Career (5%, 10 Votes)
- Other Tribute (4%, 7 Votes)
- Prim (3%, 5 Votes)
- Rue (3%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 183
1. Never notch a real arrow. It’s best to keep any tribute weapons holstered. An errant arrow can still do some serious damage. If you’re going to carry a bow, never notch an arrow! Even if you put an arrow on the rest and drew the string back, an un-notched arrow won’t go far. Just keep the arrows in the quiver and save your shots for the pig’s apple.
This video illustrates the dangers of pointing a loaded bow:
Okay, obviously that was a well-edited fake, but it gets the point across, right?
2. Wear reflective gear. Wear some reflective gear to keep yourself visible at night. This should be pretty easy if you’re going as a District 12 Tribute. Their uniforms had touches of silver on them. Just get some silver reflective tape and put a “12″ on everything you’re wearing! You can also use reflective belts or at least have a reflective candy collector.
If you’re going as Effie, don’t worry. Your clothes and white face make up will be reflective enough.
3. Beware of unwrapped “sponsor” gifts. Sponsors, a/k/a candy givers, may mean well when they give you unwrapped treats. However, they aren’t the safest treats to eat. Too many hands, fingers, germs, etc. can get onto them. There are plenty of houses to hit, so don’t feel bad for passing up on an unwrapped goodie.
I hope you enjoy your night out in the Capitol!